Why You Should Re-key Your House?December 30, 2022
Choosing the Right Locks for Your HomeJanuary 30, 2023
Have you ever been locked out of your car?
Now is the time to call our 24/7 lockout service! 310-699-3733
Our emergency lockout service is available any time of the day or night if you’ve accidentally locked your keys in your car. We can dispatch a mobile crew to your address within 30 minutes. Consequently, we can unlock the car for you as well as replicate broken keys on your behalf. Whenever you need us, we’re available for you.
Car lockouts: what are they and how do they happen?
There are a number of reasons why a driver may be unable to gain access to the inside of his or her vehicle.
Car lockouts are most often caused by the following reasons:
- Your keys are nowhere to be found. There has been a theft, a misplacement, or a loss of the keys which make you unable to get inside your car.
- Locks are defective. Damage to a lock can be caused by regular wear and tear, improper use or break-in attempts. Even if you have a key you cant operate the lock and key mechanism.
- The keys to your car are locked inside. You forgot to remove the key from the ignition as you exit your vehicle before the auto-lock feature locked the car.
- A broken key or a dead battery prevents the device from working. A key can easily be damaged, broken in half, or broken into its chip mechanism. A key can also have a dead battery or have a faulty chip mechanism making it inoperable
My car door needs to be unlocked. Should I do it myself?
Many people consider unlocking the door themselves. Of course, you can try to do it yourself by using the following techniques, but it comes at a cost.
- The pump wedge is a tool that is carried by many professionals and is widely available. When inflated, it opens a space between a door and the car’s frame. With this method, you can slip a small tool inside and unlock the door. However, it requires experience. Using this tool incorrectly could damage your car door. Such damage could cost hundreds of dollars.
- To unlock your car, you can use a coat hanger in a number of ways. You might be able to fit the hanger wire between the door and car frame if you manage to open a small gap. By doing so, you’ll be able to unlock the door or engage the locking mechanism. A hanger can even be slipped past the weather stripping on the window and hooked near the door latch. It should be noted, however, that this method also carries the risk of causing extensive damage.
- Alternatively, you can smash the window, but this method has many disadvantages. It is difficult to break auto glass in the first place. The glass on windshields and side windows is tempered to make them more durable. The only way to crack them is with a sharp tool. The second problem is that glass is potentially harmful. You could cut yourself if it breaks. Getting any in your eyes might require hospitalization. Furthermore, replacing a window can be costly. Never shatter a window unless it’s an emergency, like rescuing a trapped child or pet.
The consequences of trying to do it yourself are severe, as you can see. Always try to avoid causing damage to your lock or car.
Unlocking a car yourself requires some sort of tool even in the most ideal of scenarios. It is also possible for your vehicle to be damaged as a result. Moreover, it may appear that you are attempting to steal a vehicle. This is true when your wallet or ID could also be locked in your vehicle, resulting in the police being called without an ability to identify yourself.
What are the advantages of calling an auto locksmith near me?
The right tools are necessary if you want to get into a locked car without a key. These tools are available to our car locksmiths any time of the day or night. With our inexpensive help, you won’t have to worry about damaging your vehicle in any way. Furthermore, our 24-hour locksmith service may be covered by your roadside assistance plan. You can find out by checking your policy whether they will pay for our service. In addition, some credit cards cover vehicle lockout situation, as do warranties, car insurance, automobile clubs, and even certain auto clubs. Check with them if you have such insurance which will cover our work.
We at Artemis Locksmith are fully licensed and bonded company. To get assistance if you are ever locked out of your car, you can reach us by calling 310-699-3733 or completing our online contact form. We will be at your site promptly and will get you inside your car in no time.